Earn points and buy for free
The Messerschmitt Bf 109, was a German World War II fighter aircraft that was the backbone of the Luftwaffe's fighter force.The Bf 109 first saw operational service during the Spanish Civil War (1939) and was still in service at the dawn of the jet age at the end of World War II (1945). It was one of the most advanced fighters of the era, including such features as all-metal monocoque construction, a closed canopy, and retractable landing gear. It was powered by a liquid-cooled, inverted-V12 aero engine. From the end of 1941, the Bf 109 was steadily being supplemented by the superior Focke-Wulf Fw 190.
- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Authentic scale colour scheme.
- Covered in genuine matt Oracover film.
- Factory painted glass fibre engine cowl.
- Detailed cockpit with lightweight painted pilot.
- Removable forward hatch for easy radio and flight battery access.
- Two-piece wing panels aid storage and simplify transportation.
- Full hardware pack included for either glow or electric power.
- Scale details including guns, tail struts, radiator blisters, undercarriage fairings and more.
- Crystal clear screw-on canopy moulding.
- Mechanical retracts.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered 2-piece wing set.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1 x Clear canopy moulding.
- 1 x Pilot figure.
- 1 x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1 x Mechanical retract set.
- 1 x Full hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1 x Sprung / steerable tail wheel unit.
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 1 x Electric power conversion hardware set.
- 1 x 20cc petrol engine, 1.20cu. in. four-stroke glow, or electric equivalent.
- 1 x 7-channel (minimum) computer transmitter and receiver combo.
- 8 x Standard-size servos.
- 1 x Propeller to suit chosen engine
|Wingspan||162.5 mm / 63.9 in|
|Wing area||49.4 sq.dm / 765.7 sq.in|
|Overall length||152 cm / 59.8 in|
|Flying weight||5.5 kg / 11 lbs|
|Power system||15 - 20cc has engine or equivalent|