Earn points and buy for free
The Grumman F8F Bearcat was introduced in the late WWII and was one of the best piston-engine fighters to see operational service with the US Navy and the last of a series of piston-engine carrier based fighters which were initiated with the FF-1 of 1931. The F8F Bearcat took its first flight in the year 1944 and the fact that it was powered by a massive double wasp engine, made it superior to many jet powered aircrafts of that time period. Eventually, Bearcats found their way into the civilian market and were featured attractions in the Reno Air Races in Nevada.From 1946-1948, the F8F also served with the Blue Angels, the US Navy’s premier flight demonstration squadron, and set the foundation for generations of inspiring excellence by Blue Angel pilots.
In 2016, FlightLineRC honored the 70th Anniversary of the Blue Angels by presenting this electric flying model to motivate new generations to value the historic F8F Bearcat.
NOTE:This is the only RC Bearcat that is officially licensed by Northrop Grumman.
This thrilling 1/9 scale flying electric replica of the F8F-1 Bearcat assembles very easily in minutes and features a scale profile with lots of plastic detail parts such as spring-loaded inner gear doors, highly detailed cowl and radial engine, and removable cannon barrels. With a wingspan of 1200mm, the removable wing is easy to transport and strategic carbon reinforcements provide lightweight strength. The Bearcat has a large battery compartment that can also accommodate a flight stabilization gyro (sold separately) and cooling airflow is guided over the battery and ESC compartment. For very slow and controlled landings, the large flaps will help stabilize the aircraft.
The F8F-1 Bearcat is suitable for intermediate to advanced pilots. Its 490mm wide landing gear provides stable ground handling even on grass. The power to weight ratio allows for most acrobatic maneuvers and landing under power with full flaps can give way a very short landing length, which is ideal for pilots flying in confined areas.
The FlightLineRC F8F-1 Bearcat arrives fully painted in dark blue, with green gear wells. Included inside the box are two optional decal sets:
- Blue Angels Demonstration Team, 1946 (including our special 70 anniversary decal)
- US Naval Reserve, Olathe, Kansas, 1948
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Large cabin space for easy placement of the battery and radio equipment
- Built-in flat spot near the CG for optimal placement of a gyro (optional, sold separately)
- Removable main wing/elevator for easy transport
- Efficient motor for speeds up to 120kph/75mph and 6+ minute flight times
- Improved spinner and propeller mounting design to enable better balance
- Intuitive internal structural design for optimized cooling of all electronics in the fuselage from the nose to the tail
- Optional upgrade complete nylon hinge set included in each box for free
- Tall foam rubber 65mm diameter main wheels and additional forward rake angle for operating on short grass runways
- Electric retractable landing gear with metal trunions, metal reinforcement plate and 4mm steel wire struts
- Optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (Not included) to achieve speeds up to 147kph/87.5mph
- Motor, ESC, servos and retracts pre-assembled
- Minimum 6-channel radio (7 Channel required if using an optional gyro)
- 6-channel receiver
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh to 4200mAh LiPo battery with T Connector
- Lipo Battery Charger
|Experience level||Intermediate / Advanced|
|Wingspan||1200 mm / 47 in|
|Overall length||1085 mm / 42.7 in|
|Flying weight||1550 g / 3.41 lbs|
|Power system||3748-580Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (Stock scale power system)|
|Speed control||60A Brushless with T connector|
|Propeller||12x7 4 Blade Propeller / 12x8 2 Blade Propeller High Performance Version (optional)|
|Radio||6+ Channels 2.4GHz|
|Servos||9g standard with 550mm lead: left aileron, right aileron 9g reverse with 300mm lead: left flap 9g standard with 300mm lead: right flap 9g metal gear standard with 300mm lead: rudder, elevator|
|Battery||2500-4000mAh 4S 14.8V LiPo battery with T Connector|
|Assembly time (approx.)||2 hours|