The F/A-18 Hornet is one of the most iconic fighter airplanes in the US Navy's air combat arsenal, and this new Version 2 model is every bit as impressive as the full size airplane. No more gluing the main wings to the fuselage, which makes wing attachement a breeze. The nose and main landing gear are all metal and include shock absorbing struts to protect the gear during hard landings. Other upgrades include super bright LED navigation lights, sequenced landing gear doors, magnetically attached weapons set, fully functioning flaps, and a detailed cockpit. For the very best in RC electric jets, look no further than Freewing Models, and for the best 90mm EDF F-18, look no further than this Hornet.
Note: This aircraft is recommended for advanced pilots only.
- Large scale electronic ducted fan RC jet with numerous scale features including hand painted pilot, detailed cockpit, molded panel lines, scale air intakes, drop tanks, missiles, and VFA-31 graphics.
- Dual 360 degree vectored thrust allows advanced maneuvers like hovering, flip turns, and flat spins
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1450KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound and thrust
- High capacity 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC
- Full functioning flaps allow decreased take-off distances and help slow the plane during landings
- New mechanical wing attachments provide a stronger airframe and aid in transportation of the F-18 V2
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts and metal trunnions
- Scale, sequenced gear doors provide added realism and improved aerodynamics
- Drop tanks and missiles attached to the wings with rare earth magnets making them easy to remove before high speed flight
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Brushless outrunner motor, servos, ESC and 12 blade EDF come pre-installed for your convenience
Minimum 7 Channel Radio
7-8 Channel Receiver
6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector
Lipo Battery Charger
ESC to battery connection type: XT150. An extra connector is provided so you can use it to replace your battery connector.
|Power system||3748-1450kV Brushless Outrunner Motor|
|Speed control||130A ESC, 8A UBEC, XT150 Connector|
|Servos||9g metal gear with 300mm lead: aileron, right elevator, right flap 9g metal gear with 100mm lead: nose gear steering, right vector 9g metal gear reverse with 100mm lead: left vector 9g metal gear reverse with 300mm lead: left elevator, left flap 9g standard reverse with 550mm lead: landing gear doors|
|Battery||6S 22.2V 5000mAh 35C LiPo|
|Assembly time (approx.)||3 Hours|
|Propeller size (inch)||90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan|