Earn points and buy for free
The NEW Freewing F-14 Tomcat is the first and only electric F-14 produced in this size with a high degree of scale reliability and excellence. This Jet is known as one of the greatest fighter jets of all time and we are thrilled to have such magnificence at our store. The F-14 Tomcat fighter jet was originally designed to keep Russian bombers away from the battle group by employing Phoenix missiles at very long range. By the time the Tomcat was retired in 2006 it had capabilities like far-ranging as forward air control, reconnaissance, close air support, and precision deep-strike, which made it CENTCOM’s platform of choice over Afghanistan and Iraq.
Freewing Models worked vigorously to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field and to appropriately honor the F-14 Tomcat’s rightful place in aviation history. They depict “Bullet 101”, the specially marked F-14D from the VF-2 squadron “Bounty Hunters”, which was painted in the mid-1990s to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the F-14’s service in the United States Navy. This rendition of “Bullet 101” is an appropriate salute to all the personnel who served alongside this breathtaking aircraft throughout its 32 year service to our country.
The signature feature of the real F-14 is its sweeping wing which previous foam F-14 models failed to acquire, but this model succeeded in. This is due to the lightweight aluminum “Wing Box” which supports a rigid wing in both forward and swept configurations. A sloppy wing can be dangerous and so this F-14 was designed around the Wing Box to distribute the loads across the fuselage and ensure the model could consistently withstand high speed maneuvers without needing any maintenance and adjustment to the wing sweeping mechanisms. The wings pivot on flat bearings to reduce resistance and wear. Electric servoless actuators extend and sweep the wings along a four second span using steel control rods and brass ball links. The result of this design is a dependable, maintenance-free, durable wing sweep feature which when used with our recommended control settings provides pilots with a worthy F-14 flying experience without the worry traditionally associated with swing wing models.
- 2x 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing and 3530-1750KV brushless outrunner motors produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the F-14 AMA compliant
- Rigid aluminum wing box assembly for a swept wing configuration
- Pre-installed servoless actuators to sweep the wing during flight
- Super scale details include hand painted pilots, antennas, pitot tubes, etc
- Proudly displaying the authentic "Bullet 101" livery of the VF-2 squandron "Bounty Hunters"
- 2x 80 Amp ESCs with single 8 amp UBEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Servo operated nose gear door (pre-installed sequencer)
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- 9x LED lights plus landing light (see manual for configuration options)
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Gapless flap hinges
- Outrunner motors, servos, ESCs and EDFs come pre-installed for your convenience (PNP version only)
- Removable magnetic nose cone for convenient transport
Freewing F-14 Bullet 101 Twin 80mm EDF Jet;- PNP
- Minimum 7 Channel Radio
- 7+ Channel Receiver
- TWO 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector
- Lipo Battery Charger
Note: The optional weapons set as shown in the photos is available separately and is not included with the PNP or KIT+ aircraft. The weapons sets do add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph.
|Wingspan||1016mm retracted 1550mm extended / 40in retracted 61in extended|
|Overall length||1498 mm / 59 in|
|Power system||2x 3530-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor|
|Speed control||2x 80A ESCs, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector|
|Propeller||2x 80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan|
|Radio||7+ Channel full range 2.4Ghz|
|Servos||2 x 9g servos (steering, nose gear door) 5 x 17g metal gear servos (port elevator, starboard aileron, port aileron, port flap, starboard rudder) 3 x 17g metal gear reverse servos (starboard flap, starboard elevator, port rudder)|
|Retracts||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
|Battery||2 x 6S 22.2V 4000mAh LiPo|
|CG (Centre of Gravity)||393mm measured back from the intake|
|Recommended environment||Minimum 300 foot runway, recommended pavement, mat, or short turf|
|Assembly time (approx.)||2 Hours|